The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Hoegaarden Grand Cru

If you're a reader of Fireangel and Suanie's blogs, you're bound likely to come across some references to alcohol as a weekly supplement. And who doesn't know Fireangel's favourite brand of beer after that famous (F-word loaded) videocast she made.

So I decided to try out the much-touted, highly-recommended Hoegaarden beer after finding it on sale at Prangin Mall's Giant. Thus, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you...

Hoegaarden Grand Cru

It was the only Hoegaarden on sale so I had no choice but to sample this one first. Only later in KL did I find the original white beer, also at Giant's.

So let's see, from the label itself I noticed a few recognizable words...namely "Brussels", "beer" and so on. Heck most of it must be written in Belgian or some other language so that was beyond me. Conclusion: this is a beer from Belgium.

"...naturally cloudy appearance....contains yeast sediment." Didn't sound too good based on the description on the label.

I found the taste to be a bit different from other beers (I'm a noob at alcohol so don't ask me further). It sort of tasted like there was a bit XO mixed into the beer, and it left a funny aftertaste too, instead of the usual bitterness you get from commercial beer. Maybe because the alcohol content is 8.5%.

Anyway, I guess it's not my type of beer. And it cost me RM9.99 too. Next time hope to try out the other variety...maybe in a pub?

I'm starting to feel like an alcoholic already.


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.