De-ri-ku [noun]: Japanese pronounciation of an English name belonging to a Chinese guy in Malaysia. Electronics engineer currently based in PJ. Chinese-educated and proud of it.
:: Say hi ::
Click For Self Gratification
Avatar by Pianonee
Template by Caz
Wednesday, May 24, 2006Internet addiction
You know you're addicted to the Internet when:
- You see anything resembling a computer and feel like you've just met the most beautiful woman in your life; you just wanna go up to her with hopes of turning her on and getting connected.
- You constantly bug a friend (whose place you are staying at) to get you to see a friend of a friend, who's an aquaintance of his friend just so you can use his PC to get online; otherwise you'd label him a neanderthal and would never visit him again in your entire lifetime.
- You hear voices in your head asking you to get a gun so you can rob a bank in order to get a broadband modem, not to mention to hold up some hostages at the nearest Telekom office, requesting that Streamyx is installed or else everyone dies; exorcism won't work and you know it's something more powerful than the devil himself.
- You come up with all sorts of excuses to your girlfriend who's crashing at your place that you need some 'alone time'; usually happens late into the night when you're sneaking off to get your dose of Internet instead of performing your manly duty of tucking her into bed.
- You experience withdrawal syndrome which usually presents itself in occurences of mutterings of the words 'net', 'blog', 'email' and 'msn', in no particular order; coupled with clicking and typing motions when the nearest mouse and keyboard are 20 miles away.
- You actually start writing a diary cos you can't access your blog.
Thank God I DO NOT have all the symptoms above.
PS: Will be back to blogging soon.