The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Meeting the cast of GUBRA

I was strolling around Times Square today when I noticed someone very familiar at the escalator. Omg, I thought, isn't that Sharifah Amani from Sepet? Petite as she was, she sure looked pretty.

The good things were yet to come.

As it turned out, she was there with the rest of the Gubra (the sequel to Sepet) crew together with director Yasmin Ahmad for a promotional roadshow for the movie, set to open at the beginning of April. Sharifah, together with 3 of her co-stars (including the dashing Alan Yun, whom I'm sure you're familiar with through his various ad shoots) took to the stage and addressed the crowd.

Image hosting by Photobucket

It was a pity that most of the shoppers there weren't exactly the sporting type. Despite numerous calls from the stars, the audience were reluctant to gather at the concourse area although there were a number of them looking down from the higher floors.

Having enjoyed Sepet, I made my way down to have a look at what was happening. They were giving away prizes to those who could answer some questions about the film. The first one was a no-brainer: who is the director of Sepet? Seeing no one willing to go up on stage, I took the chance and bravely stepped up.

The stars were really friendly and I managed to shake hands with them while introducing myself and giving the answer. Then Sharifah asked me to shout "Gubra" in three ways, to which I obliged hoping I wouldn't embarass myself. Yasmin herself gave the prize to me, which was a Pensonic radio and a Gubra poster. Too bad I didn't have a camera with me to snap some pics.

Sharifah and Alan Yun

Image hosting by Photobucket

So there it is, my brush with stardom, my five minutes of fame. Really glad to have met the crew, especially Sharifah who is absolutely lovely for a 20 year old.

I told Yasmin that I enjoyed watching Sepet, and she replied to me: "Go watch Gubra ya." Looks like I don't have a choice now, do I? :)

Technorati tags: , , ,


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.