The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Anti-rasuah my ass

Was stopped by traffic police today for making an illegal turn. Four years of driving here and I never saw it coming. Inflation must be hitting the police force real hard.

"Son, that was an illegal turning there, you'd better not do it again or you'll regret it." That'd be my dad talking. But no, this pissy cop just mumbled "Illegal right turning, compound RM150."

First excuse: Sorry lah sir, I didn't know it was an illegal turning, I'm new to the area......blah blah blah (put on a sorry face with a pleading look).

Didn't work.

Second excuse: Sir, bagilah chance. We're just students......yadda yadda yadda (put on a sorry and innocent face with an even more pleading look).

Damn, still not enough to convince the pissy cop. But I guess he finally warmed up to my hospitality and offered me a 50% discount on the compound.

Wtf, 50% discount? If you think I'd pay you 75 bucks of my hard-earned allowance as a bribe, you are so f***ing wrong mister. Usually I wouldn't use swear words but yeah I am f***ing pissed.

Interesting enough, this cop who stopped me was wearing a "Saya anti-rasuah" badge which is a common practice for policemen nowadays. After the shit I went through, I'd recommend these:New police badge

It seems like Pak Lah still has lots of work to do if he wants our corruption index lowered. I won't say what happened in the end but I DID NOT PAY THE BRIBE. 'Nuf said.

Technorati tags: , ,


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.