The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Sunday, February 26, 2006

My breath fails me

Was in Muar the other day when I paid a visit to the largest shopping mall in the district, Wetex Parade to get something to munch on. Yeah life here is mundane to the point where I can eat dried guava while reading for whole day. Oh but the glorious food...that's another story.

So there was this Digi promo going on there. There were a few guys donning Digi shirts trying to coax the crowd to participate in some sort of a game. It went like this: there was a line drawn on the stage, in the shape of a 'V'. You were supposed to begin at the tip of the V and continue moving towards the other end, with the condition that both feet must be on the lines. At the other side, there was a row of lighted candles. So whoever could blow out all candles in 2 attempts got a prize.

After much urging from Gurl, I summoned up my courage to give it a try. It wasn't that hard to volunteer except that all the people lining up to play were KIDS!! Yes...brats at least a foot or two shorter than me. But what the heck, I stood out anyway. Of course, I wasn't out there to prove I had the balls to do some crazy stint in front of the public, but rather because I wanted Gurl to have nothing to say at the end of the day.

I started out fine, nearly reaching the end of the lines since my legs were long. And I thought this was supposed to be an advantage to me. I huffed and I puffed and....guess what, I blew all the candles away in the first try. Haha how I wished it turned out like that. The truth was, I didn't even blow out a single candle with all my breath. Not even one!! Hell even the 7 year olds did better than me (but then they had an unfair advantage being kids). Red faced and short of breath, I walked down with a consolation prize. It didn't help much in 'consoling' me though, if that was its purpose. The only consolation I got was at least no one recognised me...I hope.

Wow. Totally unexpected. What a 'blow' to me ego.

Ah, I'm not a Digi supporter anyway.


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.