The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Some feelings...

It's 2 am now....I've just finished reading The Rule of Four. Found it a good read, though not as fast paced as the Da Vinci Code. Maybe it's the style of writing, or perhaps it could be due to the missing pages. Yeah, so unlucky of me to buy one that got its pages all messed up. MPH says there won't be any new stock for the time being...I might as well exchange it for The Harmony Silk Factory.

Funny how I feel a sense of emptiness after finishing the book. With it, I had a purpose, a mission to complete, a plot to discover. Now that it's over, I'll just have to look towards other things. Not much of the stuff I'm going through right now is worth looking forward to, though. There's the inevitable assignment, a business plan to come up with...and not to mention the pain of all final year students, my final year project.

Can't believe I got to finish it up in 2 weeks time. My supervisor even wants to do a product launching session in the following month. Can already feel the tremendous pressure crushing on my back. All I have to blame is myself, for not committing towards it.

Gotta buck up now, I tell myself. Just for the next few weeks...and it'll be all over. Doesn't matter if I have no interest in the project, or that I'll have to labour unhuman hours to get it done, I just wanna get it over with and graduate.

Then it's time to consider the future. The crossroads of my life are already presenting themselves now. What I decide to do for the coming year will probably determine how I'll live my life. Graduate program, or a job in the private sector? Yet to be decided upon. That's the problem with me, I'm always that indecisive when it comes to making a choice.

But that's another story. It's now time for me to face the tasks that are before me.

To quote Elbert Hubbard:

"...Keep your mind on the great and splendid things you would like to do, and then, as the days go gliding by, you will find yourself unconsciously seizing upon the opportunities that are required for the fulfilment of your desire, just as the coral insect takes from the running tide the elements it needs....We are gods in the chrysalis."


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.