The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Friday, February 17, 2006

Shoe craze

If you are a Reebok, Adidas, Converse, or Fila follower, please DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME BY READING THIS COS IT WILL NOT INTEREST YOU ONE BIT.

I'm a shoe lover, but not the type who's into Jimmy Choo's or Manolo's of course. I'd have to be a lady to do that....not to mention filthy rich too.

The shoes I'm referring to here are sports shoes. More specifically, I'm a Nike fan.

Nike_swoosh

JUST DO IT babey...

I can still remember my first pair of Nikes which I got from Lot10. Man they were expensive then, especially to a teenager with less than 50 bucks of allowance per month. My dear old pair of Air Flights...I'm still keeping them although they're pretty much worn out, obviously for nostalgic reasons.

I've owned around 10 pairs of Nikes since then; 3 pairs of basketball shoes (while I was still playing), 3 pairs of running shoes (most recently), 3 pairs of sandals (3's the lucky number), a pair of cross trainers and even a pair of casual shoes I got from Hadyai.

There is a downside however of being an owner of Nikes. I remember during my first year in uni, I went in some cheap looking cybercafe which required us to take off our shoes, and when I came out of it, my brand new trainers were gone. GONE!! Couldn't even express how I felt that time. Angry? Helpless? Heartbroken? Yeah probably all of them. To this day I still curse the bastard who nicked my shoes whenever I think about that incident.

But I digress.

Lately the hype's on the launch of the new Air Max 360. Well, a little bit on some history before I continue. Nike air cushioning technology actually came out in '79, and first pair of Air Max was introduced in '87. It was a smashing success and the company never looked back since, overtaking its long-time rival Reebok to become the number one sports brand in the world.

Nikeairmax1prerot

Air Max 1 actually looked like this. Aren't you glad you grew up in the 90's?

With the new 360, Nike promises that you'll be running on air. Believe it or not, the Air Sole unit has no foam, just pure Nike Air cushioning to make you feel like you're walking in the clouds. And you don't have to get drunk to do it too.

360

The stuff dreams are made of...

I was told the other day that the 360s were all sold out in Tebrau Jusco. At 600 bucks a pair, JB-ers sure must be loaded to be able to snap them up.

I'd sure like to get my hands on, and my feet into, one of these babies. But with Valentine's day just over, I've just got to wait...and wait...and wait.

I guess I'll just have to settle with the Air Max Candela......for now.


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.