The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Thursday, March 23, 2006

School meme

I came across this sometime ago and it looks fun so I'm gonna try it. Here goes...my first ever meme, courtesy of suanie.

How many schools did I go to?

SRJK (C) Ketari for primary, SMK Ketari for lower secondary and SMK Sulaiman for upper secondary. That makes it...umm three. Right smack in the middle of the peninsular.

Was I the studious nerd, or the last minute hero?

A little bit of both, maybe more towards the latter, depending on how you define last minute. Never studied if there weren't any exams, though I always came up tops in class :)

Was I the class 'taiko' or the teacher's pet?

Neither. I sort of kept a low profile during secondary. Was a playful little kid in primary though, constantly keeping teachers at their edges and goofing around with my classmates. Guess I grew up.

What was the biggest rule I broke in school?

There was once in form 2 or 3 when nearly the whole class was hauled up for cheating in a particular paper (forgot what it was). I was penalized for letting someone copy my answers (duh). Rumours had it that someone blowed the whistle on us, up till this day I still suspect it's that someone although I never blamed her.

Three subjects I enjoyed.

English - cos it was the only subject that didn't require any studying. As opposed to the other language subjects which I kinda sucked at.

Chemistry - I liked it for no particular reason, maybe cos I was good in figuring out all the chemical equations. It came naturally and I like mixing the elements around to see what would be produced. I put chem eng. as one of my options for my uni application, didn't get it though. So here I am, stuck in electronics eng.

History - I totally hated studying for the sake of exams, but apart from that the subject's so interesting.

Three teachers that inspired me.

Ms. Law Mee Hoon during my primary days. She was our Standard 6 class teacher and was the most dedicated teacher I have come across. We even snail-mailed each other up til a few years ago. One timed she mailed me a book for my birthday, it was like so touching.

Pn. Hasnah during my lower sec days. Class and BM teacher for the entire three years. A fun person and can be intimidating sometimes due to her size. Could be as fierce as a raging elephant when someone got on her nerves.

Upper sec teachers including Mr and Mrs Wong, Mr Ooi, Mr Lee and a few others. They were nice teachers and most importantly, they knew how to teach.

Last but not least, both of my parents who are teachers themselves, who truly inspired me to excel in life.

And I'm tagging...

Karin, E-quan, Sueihuey, Christine and whoever's interested in doing this.

Technorati tags:


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.