The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Friday, June 09, 2006

My blog got listed

I found this link on Google while performing a search with a rather narcissistic purpose of boosting my feel-good hormones. And guess what, I'm listed on Blogshares!

A quick glance at the intro page showed that Blogshares is actually "a fantasy stock market where weblogs are the companies".

Sounds simple?

"Players invest fictional dollars on shares in blogs. Blogs are valued by their incoming links and add value to other blogs by linking to them. Prices can go up or down based on trading and the underlying value of the blog. No actual ownership of blogs is transfered."

Not being very familiar with this fantasy stock market, I made my own noob conclusion that my blog is really worth something. Wanna purchase all the shares to it? Well that'll set you back $3242.76 (currency unknown, but if it were up to me that'd be in...whatever that's the most valuable currency out there...maybe British pounds?). Sure, it's nothing compared to popular blogs, but at least it's worth something.

And then I saw this.

"BlogShares is purely a fictional marketplace."

:(

There goes my inspiration of becoming a whiz-kid stock market expert.

Technorati tags:


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.