The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Monday, June 12, 2006

What's this with football?

It puzzles me why everyone automatically assumes that all guys are crazy about football. It's like, men loving football is as natural as women giving birth to babies.

The reason I'm saying this is because I'm not particularly a big fan of football. I don't keep track of the English Premier League, the Spanish Primera, nor the Italian Serie A, and I haven't watched one single match of the World Cup so far. For that I'll probably be chastised by the football fanatics all over the world.

But come to think about it, there are a few benefits of not being a football fan...

  • You don't need ESPN, hence you can subscribe to one package less for Astro, or you can skip satelite tv altogether. Saves money.

  • You'll receive no complaints from your gf or wife, saying that you spend too much time obsessed with the sports channel rather than her. Thus decreasing the number of single guys and promoting marital bliss.

  • You can actually go to bed before midnight and avoid looking like a Chinese national treasure the next morning. Sleeping patterns are regulated, not to mention the fact that you'll be able to escape the panda poachers.

  • You save on brain space by not having to memorize countless football trivia dating back to the 1900s. Can be put to better use, eg remembering when you last changed your underwear.

  • You give other sports a chance by becoming one of THEIR fans. Croquet, hashing, lawn bowls...whatever obscure sporting activities out there that desparately need some support. Who knows they might spark a revolution some day.

Of course there are the cons as well, and I'm not saying football is a dumb sport. It's just not my idea of fun to watch 22 people chasing a ball on the field. So I don't know who broke his leg during which game against what country, and I can't fathom why. So what.

Give me NBA action anytime babey.


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.