The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Sunday, November 26, 2006

My wrist is killing me

Doctors and I have never had much of a relationship. For the past 5 or 6 years, I figure I've never been to see a doc more than 5 times (discounting the visits for medical checkups).

This doesn't mean my body is bulletproof though. It's just my principle of not wanting to depend on medicine/drugs as a 'healing' method. Drugs don't heal, ask any addict and they'd tell you that. And if they did, don't you think that medical practice would become an extinct profession?

Anyway, I mentioned in the last post that I was diagnosed with a strained wrist, a result from consulting a doctor. Apparently it's not yet considered as carpal tunnel syndrome yet, and I sure hope it does not progress till that stage.

It started with a sore wrist, the type you'd want to 'shake' off. Then the pain came. Chronic, throbbing pain that would I would gladly exchange for one second of hell. Imagine someone squeezing your nerves with a crushing force and you could do nothing to stop it, that's how I feel like right now.

For once, I was grateful for the medicine the doc prescribed.

Painkillers and nerve medicine.

As I said, I'm still puzzled as to what would have caused it, but most probably I think it's because some repetitive stress I had during work. I was advised not to stress it too much for the next few days, which I am blatantly disregarding now by typing this post.

Thinking I'd need some support if I were to do serious work, I went out and bought a Puma wristband. Not those flimsy thin ones that are the rage nowadays, but a REAL wristband for sports purposes.

My theory is, if Agassi or Jordan could wear one during their games for protection, I could probably do the same at work to prevent the condition from becoming worse. Of course, I might be wrong here, but I'm taking my chances.

Hey, it could even be fashion accessory in its own terms.

That's all for now. Til I recover, cheers!


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.