The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Monday, December 12, 2005

"Special Account" satire

Some of us may have heard the 'special account' story (I'm sure most PELTACers still remember that). Here's a possible scenario of an agent sharing his 'special account' story to a prospect.

Mrs. Beng is watching TV at home when her doorbell rings.

Agent X: Halo Mrs. Beng, how are you?

Mrs. Beng: Who are yoo ah?

Agent X: Oh, my name is Chan, I was introduced to you by your good friend, Ms. Lian.

Mrs. Beng: Oh Ah Lian ah...what yoo wan?

Agent X: Wah your house looks very nice, can I have a seat insi...

Mrs. Beng: See what see, I korek your eyes ah! But see yoo so leng chai, ok lah, come in sit.

Agent X: Mrs. Beng, so have you heard of our special account before?

Mrs. Beng: Spesial akaun? What is that ah?

Agent X: Our special account guarantees that no matter what happens to you, you'll be guaranteed of an amount of money. For example, if you become sick and get hospitalized...

Mrs. Beng: Choi choi choi! What hospitalized? Yoo cursing me ah!??

Agent X: That's not what I mean, just let's say you get sick and need money for medical costs, that special account will be ready to fulfil your financial needs...

Mrs. Beng: Sure or not...got so good one ah?

Agent X: Yes of course! Some more, when you die...

Mrs. Beng: CHOI! Die what die...yoo wan die yoo die yourself lah!

Agent X: I'm just making an assumption here Mrs. Beng. When you pass away, a sum of money will be given to your husband, Mr. Beng.

Mrs. Beng: Wah! I die he get money ah?? Doe-wan!! That guy ah, very SUEH one, always with his Chinadoll girlfren!

Agent X: Um....OK, you can leave the money to your children also, you'll be giving them hope for the future.

Mrs. Beng: Like that ah...actually I have two daughters, when they marry ah, all their things will belong to their lou-kong oledi, so what for I leave money for them? Haiya...

Agent X: Perhaps you would like to give the money to charity?

Mrs. Beng: Chality, what chality? You give me chality lah, see I'm so poor now. Eh, talk for so long, actually ah, what yoo company doing ah? Direct sales ah? I tell yoo ah, if yoo from XXN company ah, I oledi tried out, but cannot work lah!

Agent X: No no no Mrs. Beng, actually we're even better than direct sales...

Mrs. Beng: What, unit trust ah? I only buy share, never buy unit trust one, soli lah...

Agent X: No, actually, I'm from Great Western Insurance Company. We're one of the largest insurance companies in the world with a client base of over 1 billion people. We even gave a talk recently in a camp called CATLEP...

Mrs. Beng: Ohhh...insulans har...

Agent X: Yes that's right. So I wonder if...

Mrs. Beng: Leng chai, I tell yoo, do yoo know that 25% of the Malaysia population are oledi insured? I happen to be one of the 25% leh, yoo know or not. Yoo think I so ulu ah, never buy insulan.

Agent X: But Mrs. Beng, we do have many types of insurance policies to suit your different needs...

Mrs. Beng: For your information, leng chai, I oledi got 6 policies myself, like the JAPANESE! I'm covered from heard to toe, so doneed to woli. I even got one policy on my hair leh, see or not? So, what else yoo offer?

Agent X: Er...would you like to be an agent of the Great Wes...

Mrs. Beng: Agent?? FBI Agent I wan lar...what insulan agent, DOE-WAN! My Ah Beng, although very sueh, he provide me wit everything oledi. So, nothing else ah? Get out get out! I need to go wash hair now...

Agent X: ...

THE MORAL OF THE STORY: YOU CAN'T ALWAYS SELL THINGS INSURANCE TO PEOPLE LIKE MRS. BENG....MUAHAHAHA.

There it is folks, a screen shot of my wild imagination and a product of my cynism...hahah. (No offence to all insurance agents, I myself have 2 policies, both from the same company - the largest in Malaysia!)


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.