The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Sunday, October 29, 2006

A timely reward

I used to hear this from some of my friends back then: "Study so hard for what? First class honours degree got special treatment meh??"

Frankly, I was sort a believer in this too. Nevertheless the competitive side of me kept my results from going down a negative slope.



And now, after all is done and our studies are complete, I look back in contemplation and come up with this answer: "Getting good results do not guarantee special treatment in the corporate world. But hey, it sure gives you a moment to be proud of...and a break for your bank account too."



I was a recipient of the Academic Award during convocation, which came together with a check. Although not a considerable amount of money, it'll probably buy me a new Swatch (which I have been putting off for a long time).

Paying attention to your studies does have it's rewards after all ;)

Technorati tags:


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.