The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Monday, October 16, 2006

Petaling Street

I've wondered why the PPS blogtal was named after Petaling Street. Of all the colourful roads in Malaysia, what made them choose a street that was synonymous with bustling stalls and pirated goods?

I got a taste of Petaling Street during the past weekend. Not the usual 1 hour stroll along the sidewalks, but I was practically staying there for 2 days. It was an interesting experience living in the midst of Chinatown, where people from all walks of life converge to be part of the whole cultural phenomenon.

Everything here is so lively. The hawker stalls selling fruits and all types of food, the Ah Bengs with DVD catalogues in their hands, vendors of pirated handbags and clothing and even the old lady who sells mua-chi at the roadside...all of them made the place unique in its own way.

I''m starting to grow fond of the place. It's so much different from where I'm staying now, but I think it would be nice to be able to visit a place that paints such a vivid picture in my mind.

Well...scenes like this wouldn't hurt either :D

Technorati tags: , ,


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.