The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Saturday, April 29, 2006

JB Food Log - Perling Nasi Lemak

Since this will probably be our last few days at JB, I've decided to post as many entries as I can regarding the food here. Of course, if it's recommended by me, it must be good, or at least better than the garden variety.

To kick of my "food log", we had some nasi lemak at Perling yesterday. The shop is called 'Mana Lagi' and is touted to serve one of the best nasi lemak in JB. There's also the nasi lemak at Permas Jaya, Taman Sri Puteri, and in our own backyard Taman Universiti as well, but that's another story.

Normally I wouldn't drive 20 km and subject myself to the pains of being stuck in a jam just to get dinner, but then I had no excuses since I had finished the final draft of my thesis, and she felt like going there too. So after enduring the infamous Perling flyover jam as an appetizer, we were set to enjoy the main course.

The nasi lemak here is definitely one of the tastiest dishes you can find in this area. The rice, fried chicken, rendang and sambal are so yummilicious you'd beg to go there once more after sampling the first taste.




Close-up of the "fatty rice". Be careful not to drool on your keyboard.

If you're going at peak hours (7-9 pm), be prepared to wait a while since the chicken will be snapped up in no time. No worries though as they will constantly refill the plate. Service here is self-service, so you can pick whatever you like.

People with high cholestrol levels take note though, I will not be responsible for any consequences of downing the extremely fatty rice. Dine at your own risk.

If you're dropping by JB, do give this a try. You won't regret it :)

Technorati tags: , , ,


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.