The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Saturday, April 22, 2006

It's over

I can't believe it's over.

Today I had my last paper in UTM.

After 5 years of living the life of a university student, I'm ready to call it quits. It's kinda overwhelming you know, when you reach some point of your life when all that you've got used to is coming to an end. And yes, my life as a student is coming to an end.

I had one of my papers today at the Sultan Iskandar Hall (DSI). Until now I never realized the grandeur that the great hall presented. Before this, it was just another venue for our examinations, another place for us to crack our heads trying to find solutions to the toughest engineering problems. But today, it was something different. We had come to say farewell.

Then it came to me while I was sitting there. The next time I set foot in this hall, I'd be attending my own convocation...

I'm donning a square hat and a robe, walking past a sea of audience, up to the stage. There stands the Chancellor, and there's a kind smile on her face. I walk up to her, and she says to me "You did a good job. Congratulations."

I accept my certificate, pose for the photographers, and slowly walk down the stage, cherishing this moment. All this while my parents are looking at me, their eldest son, a graduate. They must be happy, for I see them beaming, and I notice the sparkle in their eyes...or is it tears? I don't know, but I know I didn't let them down. I did my best, and I came through. I did my family proud.

And I dare say it'll be one of my own proudest moments yet.

Technorati tags: ,


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.