The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Thursday, June 29, 2006

The arrow that pierces the heart

The first and only time we met, it was at a crowded place. I can't help but think of the song by James Blunt. You were immersed in conversation, caught in the laughter of all the other people around you. Emotions of joy were portrayed on everyone's faces.

But you stood out among them. At least, you did in my mind. Was it your flowing exuberance that seem to come so naturally from inside? Or was it your fine features carved on porcelain skin that attracted my attention? Or your angelic voice that seemed to act as as magnet to all around you. Maybe it was all of those, even more.

When you sang, you lifted my spirits. Although I never knew the lyrics, my soul was bewitched by your melodious voice. I stumbled to sing along, although the sound resonating from my throat was far too mediocre in comparison. After all, how was the voice of a mortal to be compared to one that came from the heavens itself?

When you spoke, everyone listened. You told of how you overcame your pride, and how you found a new light in this hectic, cruel world. I was listening too, though you might not have noticed it.

Yes, I did listen, and I was moved.

But why? Why did you seem so cold after all that had been said and done? Why did you not notice I, who was so foolish charmed by your personality?

You barely said a word. And that word could've meant the world to me. To the world, you might be one person. But to one person, you are the world. Why did you not spare me the sorrow of knowing that, people are not always who they seem to be? To crush a man's hopes means to crush him entirely. Never have I came so close to experiencing the emotions concealed in those words.

As I listen to this familiar tune, my heart sinks and my soul despairs.

"But it's time to face the truth...I will never be with you."

Author's personal note: This post was entirely fictional. Any similarities to those living in real world are merely coincidences. I tried to base it on Kyels style of writing so thanks to her for the inspiration.


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.