The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A letter to the Minister

Dear Minister,

Pardon me for my previous post, I really wasn't being angry or vengeful against you and your ministry. Well maybe you (and your predecessors) did mess up the lives of a handful of students around the country, but that's another story.

What bothered me was how you and your abled assistants came up with this system to keep track of fresh graduates. I have no objection to filling up surveys and questionnaires that might be of benefit for our future generation. But the point is, I don't see the point in filling up that particular survey that you so kindly prepared for us.

Of course I knew you 'cared' for our well being and futures by asking loads of questions regarding to our lives in university, but what good will it make to the guy who didn't get the job? Or the girl who had to take care of her siblings instead of having a proper profession? Seriously, if you are going to give out one thousand dollars to every unemployed graduate, I'd be glad to complete it for you (and I bet thousands of others would too).

But the thing is, I've got a job. Now here's the interesting part, how can you make it better for people who are a) currently employed and b) busy like hell with their jobs? If you'd hand us the one grand, that'd be great. But if you're not, apart from being a waste of time and office productivity, I don't see any good coming out of putting a tick to all the questions.

Plus, as a "continuous effort to improve our higher education system", I think you should brush up on your English and set a good example to everyone out there. I mean, you don't want all your efforts to go to waste, right? Forcing grammatically-challenged lecturers to converse in the international language and all that?

Pardon me again if it was not your fault, at least you could do something by transferring the person(s) who put that message up to somewhere that does not require the use of English, thus saving face for the entire ministry.

So dear Minister, I hope that you will not make this a compulsory item for fresh graduates in the years to come. As you might have already known, not everyone has internet access and not everyone has the time.

I sincerely hope that you will take this into consideration, as what I have said here is meant for the good of all. My thanks and appreciation in advance.



A product of your administration,

Derek



PS: Please disregard my survey form. I was tired and frustrated that my answers were not saved for the first time, so I did what people would naturally do.


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.