The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Of road names and places

I was supposed to fetch a friend back to Bentong last week. This friend of mine, not being familiar with the roads around the Klang Valley, asked where I could pick her up after work. In the end, we decided that the best place for us to meet was at the Kelana Jaya LRT station.

An interesting conversation followed after she got into my car.

Friend: Hey...why couldn't you go Ampang to fetch me?

Me: Huh? I thought you're working at the Renaissance, and you're not staying in Ampang either right?

Friend: Cos my workplace is in Ampang ma...

Me: Kid me ar? Ampang where got Renaissance hotel?

Friend: Got lah, the one near Concorde there.

Me: That's in KL la...nowhere near Ampang.

Friend: But my workplace address...it says Jalan Ampang? I thought it was in Ampang.

Renaissance Hotel
Corner of Jalan Sultan Ismail and Jalan Ampang
Kuala Lumpur, 50450 Malaysia

Me: Like that Jalan Kuching should be in Kuching, and we can go Jalan Ipoh to eat ngar choi kai (chicken rice with beansprouts) la izzit?

Friend: Err...hehehe ya hor.

Me: Then I should put you down at Jalan Pahang. Since we're heading toward Pahang anyway.

Sometimes I wonder what goes through a girl's mind when it's being fed with directions and road names...


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.