The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Hollywood is king

Honestly, how many good movies have you seen lately? I mean, REAL good movies. I just watched The Shawshank Redemption, and it truly is one of the best films I have ever come across.

Forget flashy CGI or whatever latest filming technology that viewers are so over-indulged in nowadays, all it takes is just some solid acting and a good script to get people's attention.

I remember watching it on TV for the first time many years ago, and even then it left an impression that this was one movie not to be missed. Only difference was, this time, all the swear words weren't censored.

With a rating of 9.1, the movie is ranked 2nd on IMDB's top 250 list, which makes it really worth a watch. By comparison, The Prestige, another stunner that made it to my all time best's list is rated 8.1.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Over the weekend, I watched 5 different Bond movies on Star Movies. 2 from the less-attractive Timothy Dalton, and the remaining ones with good old Pierce Brosnan.

The spirit of double-O-seven has really got to me. Whenever I'm introducing myself to someone, it requires some effort to refrain myself from pronouncing "The name's XXX. Deriku XXX."

Or when it comes to ordering drinks in the cafeteria, I nearly blurted out "Vodka Martini. Shaken, not stirred." to the lady who was serving fruit juice.

Talk about James Bond overkill.

Technorati tags: ,


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.