The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Flushing out the toxins

Something about detox...Detox is actually a process of cleansing your body from toxins that may be present. Toxins are everywhere, we get them from the food we eat, the air we breathe, the water we drink; everyone is exposed to toxins. Since the moment we are born, toxins start accumulating in our body, bit by bit. These toxins can wreck havoc to our health and well being over a period of time. Hence the need for 'physical spring cleaning', or detox.
People have been cured of various diseases after going through a few sessions of detoxification. Illnesses known to benefit from detox include, SLE, skin problems, obesity, and so on.
Well the reason I'm subjecting myself to this detox process is simply because of health reasons. I believe one's overall health will improve after a 3-day session of detoxification, not by just reading or listening to other people's experiences, but through my own experience. This is actually my second detox plan.
Guess I'll be drinking only fruit juices for the next 2 days, so I really have to maintain the willpower to see it through the entire process. Some people might complain of hunger or uneasyness during the period of detox, but it's just normal since our bodies are starting to flush out the waste in our body, which might cause some symptoms to occur.
First day was OK, stomach felt a bit empty but other than that I was my normal self throughout the whole day. Got a blood screening too this morning, just to check on my general health. Dad paid for it anyway.
Wish me luck!

---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.