The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Extreme Makeover: Teeth edition

It happened around 2 weeks ago.

I was munching on a Mentos when I suddenly felt a weird texture in the sticky, chewable candy. My teeth were crunching on something like sand. Wow, they must have added a new ingredient....or so I thought. Unsuspectingly, I swallowed the remaining bits of the candy.

It was only a day after that I noticed a funny sensation after having a sumptious meal of asam fish. It was like something was stuck in between my teeth but I just couldn't get it out.

In the end, it turned out that one of my fillings had fell out when I was crunching on Mentos. And I swallowed the whole thing too. Was surprisingly calm when I realised that I had amalgam in my digestive system. Thinking back, maybe I should've freaked out and go see a doc. Dunno if these things are toxic or not...

I've been putting off this visit for some time, but today I was finally able to make it to the clinic. Can't recall when was the last time I went to see a dentist. I guess since I got my braces off (bout 5 years ago), I have never even stepped into a dentist's clinic.

You know that feeling when you're lying down on a seat and someone with a mask is peering into your gaping mouth? Yup, it's no comfortable experience, I tell you. Plus it even hurt a bit when the dentist was putting in my new fillings.

I'm glad that it's over now. It seems that I'll be chewing food with the right side of my mouth for 24 hours the least, in case I get myself into trouble again.

You think I should sue Mentos? Geez...at least they should compensate me for the 4 bucks I paid for the fillings.


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.