The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Thursday, September 07, 2006

UTM 37th Convocation Part 2

Correction to my previous entry: And I slept like a baby...for about 5 hours. When the alarm clock went off, I could barely open my eyes. This is going to be a long day, I thought.

With all the reluctance of a toddler being coaxed away from his favourite toy, I dragged myself up and prepared for the big event. Coat, check. Tie, check. Graduation robes, check. Making sure it wasn't the wrong day, check. And it was off to UTM.

I'm seldom seen donning shirts and slacks, given that the dress code at my company is smart casual. And by that I mean the t-shirt and khakis type smart casual. As long as you don't show up with singlets and a pair of thongs, it's fine with them. So you could guess how different I looked in full formal wear.

Well, smart, of course :p

No pics to show here so work your imagination.

At 7.30am, the campus was already swarming with graduates and their family members. The main hall and waiting area was like huge gob of pollen attracting all these little bees that came in all ages.

I noticed that many of the parents were busy making their children look good. A nip here, a tuck there, did they seriously think that the son/daughter is going to look any more handsome/prettier? Bah. I did all the dressing myself.

Before going into the hall, we had to register first at some counter that was set up for that purpose. One poor girl unfortunately was barred from registering cos she couldn't understand the dress code given in the invitation letter, and wore slacks to convo. Apparently, girls wearing slacks aren't too well received in public universities. I dunno what happened to her in the end, but I hope she made it.

Cameras were not allowed, but what the heck.

After some 3 hours of waiting impatiently to receive our scrolls, it was finally announced that graduates from the Faculty of Electrical Engineering (FKE) were next. I was hyped. Though I looked cool, my fingers were fiddling the edges of my robes. So it was time.


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.