The Rammifications of Thought


So what's on your mind?
 

Friday, September 08, 2006

UTM 37th Convocation Part 3

As I went into the queue, for the first time I observed closely how the procession on stage was to be. Walk up the stairs, step onto the dots, wait for your turn, bow and take your scroll, and finally walk down the stage along the dots. How hard could it be?

After what seemed like ages, it was finally my turn. Stepping carefully so I wouldn't trip and embarass the hell out of myself, I moved closer to the vice chancellor. Then, I could vaguely hear someone's name being called (I assumed it was mine) and I stepped forward. It's funny how all your senses are dulled during these important moments in life.

It was surreal. I didn't even look at the guy's face. After receiving my scroll, I muttered something that sounded like 'thanks' hurriedly and brought myself back to solid ground. The entire process was over in like 30 seconds.

5 years of blood, sweat and tears just for that fleeting moment. Trust me, if you really value that half a minute of fame that you're about to have when you graduate, you better stick your head into those books and never pull it out. Me, I'm just lucky I had a rather easy time at school.

I guess this must be one of the rather unusual posts about convos where tons of obligatory pics are NOT posted. Did I bore you? Like I'd care. Anyway, I'll let the photos do the talking now.

Ah, I've graduated. Finally.


---------------oOo---------------

© The Rammifications of Thought 2006 - 2007. Template by Caz.